Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Female Vocalist?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
HolidayG1
Groupie

jackhammer- my post was not spam to advertise my blog (I could do that in my signature after all). Naturally, I'd like people to engage in discussion on the matter, otherwise I wouldn't write about it. Furthermore, "Best Female Singer/Vocalist" is different than "Favorite Female Musical Act." Like I said, my favorites aren ot necessarily who I think are the best singers/artists, whatnot- and I'd think others share that.

Pianogirl75- RE your posted list- you have some good selections there. You like KT Tunstall that much? Has she had more than one studio album? I hadn't heard of her before the breakthrough.

I had Stevie Nicks/Christine McVie as honorable mentions, since I like Fleetwood Mac as a whole, and some of the great tracks happen to havea male lead on them, so....

There are a number of females in which I like more than a handful of their tracks, so I probably could do a top 50, too. hehe And again, some of these acts would not be considered among the greatest females (only ones would be Madonna abnd Donna Summer are the most acclaimed of the lot, and then Janet Jackson probably would follow).

Right now, my top 10:

10. Gloria Estefan (Miami Sound Machine)
9. Pink
8. Mariah Carey
7. Donna Summer
6. Olivia Newtoin-John
5. Whitney Houston
4. Pat Benatar
3. Cher
2. Janet Jackson
1. Madonna

And, once again, not spam, but if there's anyone genuinely interested in reading what I have top say about them (and others), feel free to check out my blog. I haven't posted my write-up for No. 1 yet. And, I may do a similar feature for male acts.

Last edited by HolidayG1; 02-28-2009 at 09:44 AM.
HolidayG1 is offline   Reply With Quote