Music Banter - View Single Post - Firefly
Thread: Firefly
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
garbanzo
Recommended by 4 out of 5

Firefly is absolutely amazing. Whedon did such a fantastic job creating full, rich characters in just a few episodes. needless to say, i was devestated when it was cancelled. then along came Serenety - a very forced closure that really didn't tie up any of the interesting loose ends. he just killed off half the characters and called it good. what a sad, sorry ending to what could have been the best show on TV for many years running.

i'm a huge Buffy fan as well. i've got all seasons on DVD, and i've watched through them at least five times. i even like the later seasons. it's great from beginning to end.

never saw a single episode of Angel. he and Cordelia were some of my least favorite characters from Buffy, so i had no desire to follow their story. though i really do enjoy Boreanaz in Bones, which i watch every week!

then there's Dollhouse. Dushku always put me off in Buffy, but i was still thrilled to experience another Whedon project. i grabbed the first episode the night it aired - what a disappointment! it was so damned superficial. seemed completely different from his other shows. i have not been able to bring myself around to watch any more episodes. does it get any better? do the characters develop to the point where you can tell them apart? do you actually begin to care about what happens to them?
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote