Music Banter - View Single Post - Ethics - What are yours like?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Since I believe that there is no objectively moral being or universally accepted long term goal I believe that ethics and morality are both purely subjective.

From a strictly political view on ethics I value the right of the individual above community. This is probably because I don't believe that a community can be objectively ethical or moral. I think anything should go as long as the concerned parties consent and it doesn't violate anyone else's rights. Do what feels good as long as it doesn't impede on the rights of others.

From a non-political philosophical view I personally highly value knowledge. For me, personally, I try to let skepticism shape my world view. Faith is detrimental to my personal pursuit of knowledge so I would never do anything that could potentially prevent me from advancing mentally.

On a more visceral human level I honestly don't see whats wrong with acting on instinct. If there is no logical reason to second guess my actions than I won't. If I offend you I'm not sorry. On the other hand I also never assume anyone's character before its revealed and will show respect until you prove you deserve otherwise.

Last edited by The Unfan; 03-01-2009 at 01:57 AM.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote