Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

If an individual dislikes Metallica and can back it up with a constructive argument and/or reasons for that then I have no problem. However I cannot begin to describe how much I hate certain people who hate Metallica because of a) solely how much of a **** Lars Ulrich is, b) the whole Napster debate, c) their work after ...Justice For All or d) "selling out".

The fact that they have put out certainly underwhelming or disappointing material since AJFA doesnt change the fact they had 4 pretty solid records before that. That is of course based on the belief that you USED to like Metallica, and you USED to like their earlier material that is now for some reason completely irrelevant.

I think they get a lot more stick than they deserve too. On the other hand there are certain people out there to whom Metallica are the beginning, the middle and the end. These people will buy every piece of overpriced Metallica merchandise and ignore the existence of any other heavy metal band. These people are just as much to blame.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote