Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Quiz
Thread: The Music Quiz
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Alright, next set :
1. Who was or is this?

2. Varg Vikernes is perhaps the most notorious black metaller around. In 1993, he knife-killed Mayhem's then guitarist Euronymus and got convicted for the murder along with some church arsons. In jail, he formulated his nazi-ish ideologies and also released two more albums under his one-man black metal project. What is this project called?

3. Robert Wyatt is a popular figure from which english-originated musical scene .. ?

4. The Prodigy's music video for the song Smack My Bitch Up was considered somewhat controversial. The video was filmed from a first person perspective, meaning it was "seen from a person's eyes". This person goes on a drinking binge, getting into fights, groping women and finally having sex with a prostitute (I think). What is the twist at the very end?

5. Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997) was shot and killed in Los Angeles after attending a party held by VIBE Magazine. When his driver stopped at a stop-sign, another car pulled up and opened fire on his vehicle, hitting him with six shots and killing him almost instantaneous. The murder case is still open. What was Christophers artist name?

6. One of the world's most famous guitar virtuosos claims he was raised by chickens in a chicken coup and now wants to warn everyone of the fast-food chicken holocaust. He wears a mask to hide his identity and is amazingly productive, having put out more than 25 solo albums since his debut in the early 90s and have collaborated on over twice as many other albums. Which artist is this?

7. The following lyrics are from a 1987 hit : "If you hear something late at night - some kind of trouble, some kind of fight - just don't ask me what it was". The song is about an evasive, abused boy who lives upstairs from you. What is the name of the song and who is the artist?

8. Provide me with artist and songname (although appearant) for the following cheesy karaoke movie :

9. Which famous punker made a cover of Paul Anka's "My Way" (made famous by Frank Sinatra) in 1978?

10. In 1975, Hawkwind's then bassist got arrested for possession of cocaine (thought it was actually amphetamine) by the border police when the band was going from USA into Canada. Fed up with their bassist's erratic behaviour, he was kicked from the band. However, the bass player would help form a new popular band named after the last song he wrote for Hawkwind. Who is that bassist and what was the new band?
Some are easy, some are hard. I've tried to span more genres and since I guess it's hard for one person to have broad enough knowledge, I've added a bit more trivia than usual perhaps.