Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
Oedipus Next
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey Boozer View Post
The horizon is just an imaginary line that recedes as you approach it.
well said WB!

Anyway Nina I finally had the time to read through all this. Phew! Fun thread. As for the review itself; great job: you have such passion in your writing. The tracklisting critiques were excellent! Zana always said you had great ears!

Also, it actually isn't half as bad as you made it out to be when you
emailed us about the title. I see how they kinda trapped you into "reading into it" but this may be my only constructive criticism on your review as well: you got way too defensive when people suggested that it was a dumb album title. I understand that during the interview we played around with some fun ideas but we never really answered the question, did we...and that is my fault for rambling (I didn't know all this was destined for a thread on the Internet)

I can see how people may think it's a dumb title-- but debating it with anyone
is a waste of time -- it simply is what it is and just like '...happiness is a warm gun', Where Parallel Lines Meet can mean anything or nothing at all & can be argued about to infinity.

I feel bad that I didn't really know you were waging a fierce debate when I posted the 'Official Meaning' on our blog or I would have maybe worded it differently...but all in all it's of no consequence as people are going to think
what they think and that's just life; artists and journalists need to understand that if they are to be effective communicators in their medium. Can't please everybody.