Music Banter - View Single Post - Who do you want as the next US President?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Interactive
Management

About the 2000 election, you sir obviously are very ignorant just as any other person is who thinks the election results were debatable. Not only did the Supreme Court say Bush won (the same court who legalized abortion, but that's another topic) but also did the electoral which was proved by my point about how it works...

Saddam was a tyrant, Bush is not and was elected under a fair system no matter what anyone says.

Now don't get me wrong, Bush isn't perfect but he's the best thing we've had in the past 16 years in my opinion.

This goes back to the thing about Bush willingly knowing wether Iraq has WMDs (which I'm positivly sure it does but maybe not in Iraq at this moment) and there's still no definite proof of Iraq of having or not having any of the like. It's all judgemental and most of the people doing the judging haven't been anywhere near Iraq, myself included...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tonelol
I believe Bill Hicks had it right when he did his sketch on arms trade around the world the basic gist being..." how do you know they have these weapons?............Oh well we checked the receipts!!
We all know he HAD them cos we all know we sold them to him(i use we as a collective for America/UK),and the point is when he HAD them then.He definitely didn't have then this time and that was the reason we went and got him.
Saying that Bush was given false information that led him to war is dodgy ground too,because Bush had made his mind up that at all cost Saddam had to go (after9/11) so it wouldn't surprise me that the President and his 'Advisor's' put a great deal of pressure on the secret services to get any sort of proof that he was a dangerous man,in their haste they came up with a document that was proved wrong.

You quite neatly skipped around my point that UN was a good enough body to listen to when they said that Saddam needed attention,but an invalid body when they wont back you up in war.

You may well have a system that doesn't allow California to do whatever whenever but the fact remains,Bush's win was controversial and no one will know if the result was accurate or not.

So the fact you have had Liars in the whitehouse before does not mean you should put up with another one for another term( ican't believe you didn't mention Nixon too).

You seem a proud American and it baffles me why you would want someone who makes and breaks rules as he see's fit(a bit like Saddam),has little concern if he is telling the whole truth to his OWN people( a bit like Saddam),cant declare he won his last election totally without doubt( a bit like Saddam,do you remember the vote he won 100% of the vote!!), and who makes decisions that could put his nation and people in grave danger,while he is surrounded by tight security( a bit like..blah blah).

I am not really party political in this debate i am just shocked that Americans are so willing to have Bush back.

(great debate by the way!!! Love it!!!)