Music Banter - View Single Post - Who do you want as the next US President?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 10:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
Interactive
Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
Thank you for writing that out. Hopefully kerry will be elected, and hopefully he'll be able to patch up the damage done by bush, and let me say, he sure has his work cut out for him. The situation in iraq is more fragile now than ever. although i am COMPLETELY 100% against the war in iraq, i have to say that the US need to stay in there and attempt to fix the damage done, and hopefully kerry will recognize the need for this as well. As i see it, america now has a "you break it, you buy it" deal with iraq at the moment. because of the war, iraq's political situation is in chaos (not that is was better off with sadam, but it's a different kind of chaos) so america needs to put in the effort ot help iraqis get their country under control. As it stands right now, there is a danger of 1) the US implementing a leader who will keep close ties with the US and possibly put trade relations ahead of the peoples' well being. and 2) the US leave the people to hold a democratic election, and end up with a fundamental dictator. either way, iraq is screwed. I don't have an answer at the moment, becasue as i've just stated there isn't one. As it stands, i'm hoping (perhaps a little naively) that a new leader will emerge from the iraqi public who will be able to rule the country in a non-fundamentalist, non-dictatorial fashion.
What you're hoping for is not possible. Iraq as a whole is Muslim and they're basically all looking towards that Cleric (whatever the hell his name is) who seems a bit crooked in my mind.