Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Barack Obama Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #134 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Where do you live?? The "Hamptons" My own father rents out some smaller houses right now and he has a women i one who is currently living off welfare.. Her TV is so f-ing big that its hard to get in the door. Dont know maybe she sells drugs. Is your head in the clouds or are you really that excited about paying for the poor ppl. Ignorance how about you look around. I barley watch the news but i see what I am speaking about everyday. Im a military guy right and there was a toy drive for underprivileged low income families that didnt make that much money. I thought i was doing something from the heart until i noticed all these the ppl coming to get these toys were driving in nicer cars then mine. Maybe im underprivileged you tell me.
These people are either taking out loans they can't take back, liars or you're lying. It isn't fiscally possible to be living off unemployment and food stamps and still be able to afford a house, expensive car and a top of the line technology.

Quote:
I dont feel like anyone driving a 40000 dollar vehical should be picking up free toys just like i dont think that that same person should get free everything. I understand if your a demo thats cool but dont call me ignorant just listen to my points as i have done the same for you.
I'm not calling you ignorant because of that I'm calling you ignorant because you're basing your entire argument off anecdotal instances that either false or have some more key information behind them that you yourself don't even know.

Quote:
Its kinda like the union workers strong arming companies for unrealistic wages. This leads to the death of the company and the people who loose there jobs will knock on the doors of the people who just wanted to work and were happy with there wages.
Workers form unions because they need a certain standard of living, which includes money to provide for themselves and family, as well as things like health care. They don't do it because they're greedy and want to rob their companies blind. I can't honestly believe someone would think that.

Quote:
To end if it completely overexaggerated then why the hell do they need to tax anyone to give others a break. Is it my fault or yours or your parents that these ppl cant afford anything? Maybe its piss poor planing on there part either way middle class america will be paying to make there health care virtually free. Thats something that i dont agree with. Maybe get off your A$$ and do something.
Oh give me a break. The system of health care in the United States is broken and needs reform. Even the Republicans agree with the President on that. Health care is obscenely expensive, the majority of Americans only have it because they're employed. Nearly fifty million Americans don't have health care. Are you really gong to say all those Americans are lazy Welfare queens that do nothing but watch television and free load?

Quote:
Middle class is slipping because of inflation
Wrong, the middle class has been shrinking because the Bush administration gave tax cuts to the rich shifting the burden of taxes to the middle class. It has nothing to do with inflation, the economy naturally goes through periods of inflation/deflation and it doesn't destroy or build up the middle class.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote