Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #1151 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Agreed, as you are one of this forums best/most knowledgeable posters.

@jgd85: I have wondered for some time now... What in the hell are you doing in your avatar?? Eating something, smoking, sucking your thumb, looking at something small?
its me smoking out of an apple at coachella. when you goto any music festival in the world they always have the reggae bob marley guys selling ****ty pipes for the show, but the state where its most tolerated there isnt a glass piece for a hundred miles... go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Washington has a medical marijuana program and it took this step just this year. I don't expect this to happen quickly but I think over the next ten years the more liberal states are going to go this way as well. It's heartening when you consider how these movements happen historically, obviously the more conservative states are going to be the last to go but eventually they'll break. There's no rational reason to ban marijuana, especially for it's medical purposes. If I had to go through the horrors of chemotherapy I'd want weed. Studies show that it's incredibly good for people under going chemotherapy as it keeps up their appetite (chemotherapy causes nausea and makes digestion difficult, marijuana reverses this effect.)
unfortunately you are right. i dont see decriminalization happening federally for at least another 10-20 years, if at all. the ball is definetly rolling but there is a whole lot of misinformation and lobbyist left to fight.

and if you really wanna get a good discussion going, lets talk about the war on drugs.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote