Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #1152 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
its me smoking out of an apple at coachella. when you goto any music festival in the world they always have the reggae bob marley guys selling ****ty pipes for the show, but the state where its most tolerated there isnt a glass piece for a hundred miles... go figure!

unfortunately you are right. i dont see decriminalization happening federally for at least another 10-20 years, if at all. the ball is definetly rolling but there is a whole lot of misinformation and lobbyist left to fight.

and if you really wanna get a good discussion going, lets talk about the war on drugs.
Decriminalization doesn't mean it isn't a crime... even though that is what that word should mean considering the make-up of it. All decriminalization means is that it isn't a federal crime, and is somewhat allowed. In Califronia, you can have up to a dub, or one gram, without it being a crime. You can also have up to 27.9 grams without it being anything but a ticket and a drug class. Anything over an ounce (28 grams) is considered a felony because it is intent to distribute. Other things that make it intent to distribute are seperate bags or having marijuana and a scale. Also, your allowed (state-wise) to have any amount under three ounces (64 grams) on your person if you have a medical card, and it is not in seperate bags. Medical cards are easy as **** to get, too. They don't even have perscriptions on them, it just say something like "BubbaxFire Kush" And why is it if it is for "medical use" people can pick-up three ounces a day? I'm not suprised the feds are angry.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote