Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #1159 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Heroin isn't good for you, nor is cocaine but they approach it wrong. It should be approached with education and rehabilitation for addicts.
Whats really sad is the federal ban on needle exchange funding or programs. War On Drugs Clock That site has some actual numbers towards the bottom on how many lives they could save by retracting that stupid law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I think, the government should stop this ridiculous drug war, and actual educate people on the realities of the drugs that are actually a serious risk to your health and problem (in regards to how the substances are traded and dealt with etc.
That is a problem that is carried over into god knows how many things. I think that it mainly has to do with religion, which smears peoples beliefs into a moral issue. While I was in grade school we would have people from the church and many organizations come and preach abstinence. Now any normal human being knows this is absurd, and that proper protection should be taught in place of this idealistic religious standard of abstinence. The same is true with alcohol and many drugs. They preach never to do any of them, while what they should really be telling everyone is how to be safe instead of sorry.

In essence, I think not only is religion the cause of many, if not most wars, but tells people what to think instead of them doing the thinking themselves. Religion is the opium of the people. As long as there are unanswered problems the masses will blindly ignore science/fact and turn to religion. Ethan I know you have stated you are not religious (I am not either), so I am curious to know your stance on this type of stuff involving religion. Also thanks for contributing to the thread.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote