Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
Yeah I agree with you. And as for "relevance", Alice In Chains with Layne Staley put out great music and I will keep listening to it because it is good. Good music is good music no matter how old or forgotten. Just because a few people on here don't like Alice In Chains, that doesn't make the band irrelevant. Maybe for them, but not everyone.

As for William Duvall, I don't think you could entirely call the band with him Alice In Chains. The Layne Staley Jerry Cantrell combo WAS Alice In Chains. Layne Staley's unique vocals + Jerry Cantrell's guitar genius and knack for song writing is what made them so great and different. I wouldn't mind going to see Duvall but i wouldn't say I went and saw an Alice in Chains concert, I would say I saw Jerry Cantrell and William Duvall's band perform some AIC songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Tomorrows_Parties View Post
I watched a clip of DuVall doing "Nutshell" on YouTube. Didn't sound bad. I'm glad Cantrell and (remaining) crew are going to keep doing what they love and make music. I do, however, wish they'd have given themselves a new name. They will never really be AiC without Layne because he and Cantrell together WERE AiC. That aside though, it seems like calling themselves that is setting themselves up for a lot more backlash than they would get if they went by a new name and simply played some old AiC covers.

Sidenote: Kind of funny to see a replacement sing the line, "If I can't be my own, I feel better dead."
hmm no kiddin? i JUST SAID THAT
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote