Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #6011 (permalink)
garbanzo
Recommended by 4 out of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Looks fun, I have always wanted to ATV as a hobby but had to go to motorcycles because of the practicality.

What type of 4 wheeler is that btw?
that's a Yamaha Grizzly. almost 700cc of pure off-road goodness. unfortunately, it's not mine.

my last job when i still lived in the US was at a billionaire's private ranch up in the rocky mountains. i did everything from taking care of horses to cutting trees to construction. we used those four wheelers to get around the property. the place had a lake with a full array of fishing gear, canoes, and kayaks, plus a home theater room with a massive projector and a killer sound system, and more outdoor/camping equipment than you could ever want.

the guy who owned it never used it. my boss, the master caretaker, was never around. it was the best place on the planet to throw a party. afternoon at/on/in the lake (it had a huge floating trampoline), evening on the shore grilling huge amounts of grub, and night up on the mountainside with a huge camp fire, cots, sleeping bags, guitars, beer, bongs, tequilla, and all the rest. we used those ATVs to get to the campsite since it's a hell of a climb. plus you can strap gear to the back pretty easy.

god, those were the days. sometimes i wonder why i left that place...
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote