Music Banter - View Single Post - Stagg L300 LP Style OR Epiphone Les Paul Special II
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

neither are particularly great, but go for the epiphone if you MUST have one of the two.

Although personally, I'd reccomend something strat shaped, because single cutaway guitars are annoyingly difficult to play past the 14th fret. Don't believe the hype about squier stratocasters. A friend of mine's little brother owns one and I like to mess around on it whenever I'm round. Its a fine little guitar and the fact he bought it new means its thankfully free from any of the annoying issues that starter guitars tend to develop.

In fact, thats a good point. For a starter guitar, unless you have someone very experienced with you (Or if the seller allows you to take a whole MESS of high resolution photographs of it, to post here and get me or Mr Dave's opinion)

Then do NOT buy second hand. Theres a lot of stuff you can get caught out on, and as I mentioned, because they're cheap, starter guitars get abused to a stupid degree by players who just don't care. There are diamonds in the rough, but its not a sure thing. (Note: If you do end up taking pics, basically take a pic of everything with a screw on it or in it. Also take a picture of anywhere there is a wood join. Ie the heel of the neck on all sides, back of the nut, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 03-04-2009 at 03:36 PM.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote