Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Reviews Index - Post Links To Your Reviews Here!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Default Album Reviews Index - Post Links To Your Reviews Here!

Finally!

Here's the first attempt at a proper index over MusicBanter's many album reviews. May this thread help to preserve the value of the treasures contributed by productive members over the years.

Index :

If you have a review or know of someone else's review that you can't find on the list, please leave a post with a link to that review so that we can add it to the index. When you post a link, it helps if you use the following format :
Band/Artist - Release Year - [URL=http://address.to/review]Album Title[/URL] [i]~ By Author[/i]
I expect this formatting preference may change in the future and if so, this post will be edited. If you see any errors in the list, please notify in a post.

Ordering rules

I'm hoping all those able to edit this thread will help out and add to it. If any get confused about how to organize links, I'll quickly explain the rules I've used here.

Some albums are not ordered alphabetically. These are :
  • Mixed Artist Compilations (f.ex "NOW That's What I Call Music! 29" or "'95 Rave Party!")
  • Soundtracks & Scores (f.ex "Edward Scissorhands")
The first reason is I don't like organizing stuff by "Various Artists". Second, although this is debatable, soundtracks are often mixed-artist compilations - even soundtracks like Edward Scissorhands which has a Tom Jones song at the end. Because I still feel they are different from other typical mixed artist compilations (usually singles collections), I decided to split them into two categories.

By !Punctuations, I mean bands like "!!!" and "...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead". By # (numbers), I mean bands like "69 Boyz".

I have not ordered anything by "the". There are a few reasons and some of they are : It's usually considered wrong to do so, the letter "T" post would get swamped and people often forget to include "the" in a band's name. Because of the last point, I've decided to put "the" to the end of a band's name when present. That way, you shouldn't get any "Smashing Pumpkins" and "The Smashing Pumpkins" in the same list. Although people might still forget to add "the" to the end of a band's name, it doesn't matter as much as the start of the band's name is usually where you look first.

Finally, about the formatting of the text, making it look fancy very quickly increases the amount of text in the links. It doesn't take a very large list before it reaches it's size limit the way it is now already. Because of that, I decided not to add more funny colors and the like.

If you have any comments about formatting or think they should change, leave a post!

Last edited by Guybrush; 05-04-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote