Music Banter - View Single Post - Chris Brown
Thread: Chris Brown
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

I really don't think Chris Brown has so much as one good song or much talent at all. I am amazed that the dude has become so popular and gained such respect and a following in spite of his evident lack of dexterity. When I think of Chris Brown, I really just end up thinking: total non-entity. Gimme some real talent - a bit of Curtis Jackson wouldn't hurt, even Ne-Yo or Bobby Valentino. Chris Brown is just banal and jejune.

That's why when I heard the story about him battering Rihanna with an umbrella, the first thing that came to my head was not any particular concern about the diva - not even the slightest sympathy; neither did I feel disgusted at domestic violence. The only thing that entered my mind, was: thank heavens this guy, Brown, is no longer going to be a major force in R&B. Faceless singers of his ilk have been plaguing and pervading the current of mainstream music for far too long and it was about time that one of them's career was shattered by an impulsive act of heinous irresponsibility, immaturity and profound idiocy. A fitting reflection of the entire genre.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote