Music Banter - View Single Post - The Urban 100 - 4 Years On (Now With Added Authors Commentary)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #387 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

88. Iggy Pop - New Values (1979)

I don`t care what anyone says , THIS is my favourite Iggy Pop album. I know people will point to Lust For Life & The Idiot , but I listen to this album more than any other Iggy album.It might not have the hit singles on it but I think overall the songs on this album are better.Disagree all you like I don`t care HA!.

Favourite songs - Tell Me A Story , I`m Bored , 5 Foot 1

Today

I still think this album is better than The idiot or Lust For Life and it gets a hell of a lot of plays by me to this day. Way too low.

Original Position - 88
Position now - Low 20s

87. Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil (1983)

Big , loud , dumb, sexist , funny as f*ck and an awful cover of the Beatles Helter Skelter , what more could you want. If you can`t smile at this you have no sense of humour whatsoever.

Favourite songs - Looks That Kill , Too Young To Fall In Love , 10 Seconds To Love

Today
This is another album on here for sentimental reasons. I've not listened to this in years but I have found myself listening to a few Motley Crue bootlegs from this era of the band and I still enjoy them regardless of the fact I know it's not very good. I'd probably still have this on the list just for the hell of it.

Original Position - 87
Position now - 100 or 99

86. Martina Topley Bird - Quixotic (2003)

Seriously i`m beginning to think i`m the only person in the world who owns this album. I mean what more do I have to say to get one of you ****ers to buy this.The woman was recently called 'the black Marlene Dietrich of Soul'. What more do you need. I swear this woman has the most gorgeous voice ever & is at home singing rock (Which has been compared to PJ Harvey), soul , ballads , blues ...just about anything. This woman is something special. For the name of God someone check her out.I`m beginning to think i`m fighting a losing battle here.

Favourite songs - Anything , Soul Food , Too Tough To Die

Today
I played this to death for about 3 years then just suddenly stopped. I still think it's a good album but I doubt it would be in any list I did now

Original Position - 86
Position Now - Out

85. The Damned - Machine Gun Etiquette (1979)

I think this is a million times better than their first album.This album has all the Damned songs I grew up listening to on it so it`ll always remain close to my heart.

Favourite songs - Love Song , I Just Can`t Be Happy Today , Smash It Up

Today
I play this album to death while i'm working and it still love every track on it. And I also think it's their best album by far. This would be much much higher

Original Position - 85
Position Now - 10-20

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote