Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I may well agree with you, you just arent giving us much. I think for the sake of this argument its not entirely ridiculous to recognise some similarities.

Personally, and I think it looks as though Janszoon shares this opinion, I think its a little unfair to criticise Jerry Cantrell for keeping the AiC name going just because of Layne Staleys death. Had he hired a replacement the following day and gone about business as usual then I think that would be disrespectful but after quite a lengthy hiatus I dont see anything wrong with deciding to continue with something that was just as much his as it was Staley's.

It may not be AiC due to the fact that I happen to agree with you, AiC WAS Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley, they could replace the other members a thousand times over and it would still be AiC but take away one of them and it's probably a good idea to discontinue the name. At the very least keep the remaining members together but rename the band. However I also think that if thats what he wants to do then fair play, its his right, and who knows maybe they will deliver.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote