Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Oedipus Next
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have just checked out 'Cut'. I thought that the vocals and guitars dominate the sound so you cannot hear the drum tracks hardly at all, but maybe there is compression on the track? I disliked the harmonic vocals but then the riffs changed up a gear and I love those. They have a disorientating feel that should have been used more.
hey jack- you have a good set of ears: I agree with you about the drum mix on that version. In fact, imo you listened to the "tamer" of the mixes we did. I made a few mixes and what I did in response to your valid criticism is have our webby upload a much more drum- presence rockin version to the CUT download page. I think if you were to compare the new download you will
hear a positive difference in terms of drum dynamics

I can appreciate your not liking the vocal harmonies; I simply enjoy a lush vox layering like Queen- Freddy Mercury or Alice In Chains at times for dramatic- larger than life effect. The melodic harmonies, for me, worked as a great contrast against the more 'demonic' spoken word and screamed parts and discordant heavy guitars. The vocals took a while to record- there are 4 to 5 harmonies that are each tripled so thats 12-15 tracks of vocal going on at once
at all times in the sing-songy parts etc.. If you don't like that style of vocals in general it's easy to see how you don't enjoy it the way I do of course LOL

Its cool with me bro just check out the newer download if ya get a chance at least you'll have a better mix for yer collection ;-)