Music Banter - View Single Post - The Urban 100 - 4 Years On (Now With Added Authors Commentary)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #392 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
92. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus (2004)

I can`t believe how awesome this record is. And it`s just so big sounding. It`s the kind of album i`ve been waiting for Nick Cave to come out with ever since I first heard him in 1994, before i`d always thought he was good but there was just something that stopped him coming out with a truly great album .Anyway he`s done it & this is an epic work of genius.

Favourite Songs - Get Ready for Love , Cannibal's Hymn , There She Goes My Beautiful World

Today
When I wrote this list this album had just come out & I was playing it to death. Before this album I liked Nick Cave but only individual songs rather than an entire album. Since then I have become a huge fan of Nick Cave & can see that this is probably his most commercial album he'd made up till that point. I wouldn't choose this album now , it would have to be Tender Prey and it would be a lot more higher than this.
Bloody awesome replacement For a long time TP was my fave NC album, probably in my top 3 albums of all time. His best 80's work. Though If I were to do one today (who knows ) it would be either this or Henry's Dream to be in my top albums. If I picked an artist more than once he would probably take up 6-7 spots
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote