Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #39 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Bob Marley and the Wailers : Exodus
Released in 1977 by Tuff Gong

1. "Natural Mystic" – 3:28
2. "So Much Things to Say" – 3:08
3. "Guiltiness" – 3:19
4. "The Heathen" – 2:32
5. "Exodus" – 7:39
6. "Jamming" – 3:31
7. "Waiting in Vain" – 4:15
8. "Turn Your Lights Down Low" – 3:39
9. "Three Little Birds" – 3:00
10. "One Love/People Get Ready" – 2:53

Quite possibly the best roots reggae album ever to be released. Filled with the classics that everyone who is anything has listened to. Jammin, Exodus, Waiting In Vain, Turn Your Lights Down Low, Natural Mystic, and basically the rest of the album. If you do not enjoy listening to this album then I can only assume reggae is not for you, because this is the pinnacle of a musical genre; a focal point at which most musicions strive towards.

If life leaves me down or in a bad mood, this album along with his 10-15 or so other albums have always been able to quickly change that. Sure, he may live in an idealistic world hat was never meant to be, but you can not help waling away from it with a positive message.

The Wailers really show throughout this album. Sure it would have still been great without them, but it adds much more diversity to the vocals. If you enjoy this album (I dont know of anyone who doesnt) then definitely check out some albums by the other members of the Wailers including Peter Tosh, Junior Marvin, Bunny Wailer, and quite a few other members that were in and out of the group. Of coarse do not limit yourself to Marley and friends when listening to this genre, there is PLENTY of great roots reggae to last anyone a lifetime.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote