Music Banter - View Single Post - Poll: Old or New? What do you listen to more and why?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Default Poll: Old or New? What do you listen to more and why?

I was wondering what the distribution here was of fans who listen predominantly to albums from previous years, and those who mostly listen to recent releases? I'm also curious to see why so-and-so is more one way than the other.

Personally I've found I'm somewhere down the middle - largely because of an insufficient education on old stuff. In other words, there are many classic albums out there that I haven't heard, while your average person on these boards probably heard them years ago. As a result, I have to divide my listening between the recent and the old. But what I WILL say, is that had I heard the majority of the widely-held classics, I would spend WAY more time listening to current releases across a much wider variety of genres.

As for those who have heard the classics - who have "done music" so to speak - what makes YOUR ilk prefer to listen to old stuff than indulge in the new, if that's the way you lean?
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote