Music Banter - View Single Post - Skanking.
Thread: Skanking.
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
kiki chunt
Music Addict

Default still . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Nite_Dinah
2-tone/70s' UK is usually classified under the "2nd wave". Even then there wasnt running in place looking like a fool, people still had some sense of rythm. It wasnt untill the 90s that kids started flopping around like a fish out of water. You DEFFINETLY wouldnt be doing that to rock steady if you had ANY sense of hearing.
That's what I thought - figure I've pretty much missed this 3rd wave altogether, but hey, there's a lot of music happened and happening, and we can't keep up with it all . . .

TRUST ME, there were PLENTY of people with absolutely no sense of rhythm around during the 70s and 80s revival too, and a lot of cheap and nasty two-tone style clothing made to cash in on it - and while I'm warmly nostalgic about that period, I saw PLENTY of atrocities committed against dance and style: not ever Nutty Boy could do that Madness walk, but it was as often hilarious as it was embarrassing to see them try.

Really good dancers - any style - are sadly no less rare now than they were then - hot wasted idiots will always move like spastics on the dance floor.
kiki chunt is offline   Reply With Quote