Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #910 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Slint - Spiderland (1991)

It's been a long time coming but I am surprised by how much I love it. I have yet to peel under the surface and get the lyrical themes though. What is this Spider-Land of which they speak?

Tinchy Stryder Vs Maniac mixtape (2009)

Hey hey! it's a grime mixtape that doesn't suck/have 20% killer 80% filler. I have never been a fan of Tinchy Stryder the MC, but his lyrics are surprisingly good in this... the only sub-par tracks on the album are from his half, apparently he insisted on some beats that Maniac (the producer) was not fond of.
Maniac however is a very interesting figure, very young and one of only a couple of grime producers I would say can hold a candle to any other genre of music. He's breaking new ground without making commercial-autotuned wank and is simply the future of grime - a scene that I think has yet to fully blossom into something beyond it's relatively niche audience. There has been a bit of a backlash to sh*t UK urban music and widespread bootlegging recently, and quality instrumental releases/vinyl are making a comeback which is something I am starting to get into.

Can - Soundtracks (1970)

Cheers JH, my favourite Can album after years of overkill, it's like everything I always wanted Monster Movie to be. Indisputably 'krautrock', but only the Can unit could take that stiff motorik chug and turn into something organic, hypnotic and groovy

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote