Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #100 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
What's He Building? is one of your fave tracks? You're more of a man than me, terrifies the hell out of me.
Yeah, same here Fantastic piece of work though - it's a screenplay just waiting to be written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
And Lemmy if you have the expanded version.
That's on Ballroom Blitz isn't it? One of my favourite cover songs that. I'd have dropped a mention in my bit about it, but I don't think it was part of the album sessions was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
This was the first Thievery Corporation I bought too although I prefer The Richest Man in Babylon as my favourite TC album. I have to say that I was very dissapointed with Radio Retaliation. Have you heard TC DJ Kicks mix? It's what got me into them in the first place and stops off at every continent in the world- it is one of my very favourite mix albums.

I think Mezzanine is far superior by Massive Attack. Blue Lines is a great album but it's dated badly i think.

Glad you liked the Transglobal Underground albums I agree that Impossible Broadcasting is probably their best.

Some great choices as ever.
I loved Radio Retaliation myself - Vampires is a killer track. I've heard of a TC remix album, can't remember what it was called though; it's probably what you mentioned. As for Babylon, as much as I love TC I've only got three of their albums (the other one being the good-but-not-great Cosmic Game). Should probably hunt down the rest of their discography sometime.

As for Blue Lines, I agree it has dated, but that adds to its charm for me. And any album with Unfinished Sympathy on it deserves a mention I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
Good pick! I also thought this was the best album of the lot...Isis K was a highlight.
Great track that, fabulous album too. Dunno about anyone else who's heard it, but the one which really grabbed my attention on the first listen was Drinking In Gomorrah - can't get enough of that tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBoxHero View Post
All great albums, my favorites of those 10 are the Talking Heads and X-Tay-Say(XTC)!
I like you already Welcome to the boards pal.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote