Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #2717 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post

I've been catching up on some British classics as of late (The Ladykillers, The servant, Brighton rock, The 39 steps, Kind hearts and coronets) and this one impressed me the most. I guess it's part of the British new wave, whatever that may be, it certainly shares the style of its more famous French cousins. It's not difficult to like a film with such an iconic performance by Albert Finney. He owns every shot he's in. But the entire cast excelles and the film never gets boring for even a minute. Definitely a keeper. - 9/10
YES. Just YES. Props on the Ealing comedies and I absolutely love Brighton Rock, Brief Encounter, all that stuff... You watch those movies people actually didn't speak the same, it's amazing. 'Queen's English' ftw
new wave... have you seen Billy Liar? if you haven't that has to be right at the top of your list, you'd lav it. There's too many to mention really. I am a slave to kitchen sink dramas of the 60's

Hollywood has absolutely slaughtered a couple recently - Ladykillers, Alfie. Why?!

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote