Music Banter - View Single Post - 200 greatest guitarists in rock
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #337 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
yeah but some people are talented at shoving fists up their buttholes too. does it need to be celebrated?

just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

yes, MAB has some technical skill that's certain, talent on the other hand is arguable. his musicality isn't the best. he plays classic rock covers and cheese. it's not like there wasn't a david lee roth video with steve vai playing a 3 neck guitar in the late 80s.

personally as far as unorthodox tapping methods go stanley jordan OWNS

I really liked that, great guitar player. Both on a technical and musical level, it was truely some great guitar work.

Another guitar player that does great tapping work is Spencer Siem. Not only does he have great playing ability, but I love his style and music as well. Its hard to find a good video of him playing though. Alot of the videos on yoututube are always looking at the drummer in the band. Zach Hill is an amazing drummer, but I wish more would pay attention to Spencer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMDcG3zAEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
No argument here as to who was the better FNM guitarist. But Spruance's best work was with Mr. Bungle IMO...
Spruance is more of a better composer then a guitar player. He is a good guitar player, but not the best. He makes up for what he lacks in technical skill with good creativity with the music he makes, and he can play a variety of instruments beyond just the guitar. As a guitar player, hes not my favorite, but as a musician overall, he is one of my favorites.

Last edited by Kamikazi Kat; 03-09-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote