Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #106 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Thievery Corporation started life as DJ's in this big old fuck off house in Wahington D.C playing beats from all around the world which lead to them making a compilation in the DJ Kicks series, they then also began to make their own music. They do have a remix album called Babylon Rewound which is stellar but they also have approx 6 mix albums they have done themselves. If you want any just holler as I have their discog.
I might have to take you up on that offer sometime. Richest Man In Babylon and Sounds From the Thievery Hi-fi are pretty intriguing from what I've heard about them. Only when you've got time of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
ahh memories. the sickest of the sick, smoothest of the smooth. i am with you ein hundert Prozent on this one fam. Classic artwork too. I need to really give Angel Dust more of a chance
Did you rip Angel Dust off me at all? If not just let me know and I'll send you a link sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Great album and I agree some really great artwork too! I love the drawing on the back of the disc especially.
I remember doing art in school once and I had a copy of the CD with me. The teacher asked me if she could borrow the sleeve so she could make her Year 11 art pupils draw the dog on the cover to represent anger or something similar. Mmm, nostalgic value!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Three of my favorite artists and none of my favorite albums.
Well, I grew up with King For a Day, and I've always loved the album. The same with Blue Lines, although I haven't had my copy of it for quite so long. As for Mule Variations, as I said, I'm something of a beginner when it comes to Tom Waits and haven't got a copy of Sworfishtrombones or Bone Machine. Don't worry though, I'll get them one day and regret the choice of album probably (I do with a few of my picks already).

Right, on with the next bunch then...

Last edited by Bulldog; 03-10-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote