Music Banter - View Single Post - An Alternative Look at The 1960's
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

rah, what's this about you being a super-60's freakbeat DJ?? Look forward to locking onto your show live mate, listening to the old ones on your myspace now. Possibly the best intro to a video i could have hoped for there - the Birds ('not the weird-spelling birds from america' lololol)...
Interesting what this Euchrid Eucrow guy says about so-called proto-punk, those albums prefiguring the lo-fi sound, Beefheart was doing that too and I loves it, all the avant-garde elements mingled in is what makes it such a special and innovative era for those of us in the know

As for these albums... Rising Sons are next on my list now, they sound like a dream, I know Taj Mahal from the Rock n Roll Circus DVD and this song in particular crops up on a good few Northern Soul compilations... just such a great band to watch, love the guitarist, you can just imagine they were all probably spotty teenagers. Re the pointless pop video surplus in today's music industry, we really need a return to this on primetime, live music... we have Jools Holland I suppose. Channel 4 caters for the young pop audience with stupid editing and annoying camera techniques, it's not on.

The Doors and Face to Face, you can't go wrong, and you review them well, I hope people are reading and taking note. For some reason it's still the only Doors album I have, odd considering 'Crystal Ship' and 'the End' are the crowning glories on (to me) a perfect album.
True speak on Dave Davies as well, he cut some of my favourite Kinks songs... I can never choose between F2F and Something Else...

Mind if I ask how long you've had this radio slot (proper radio as well you can listen to in your car by the sounds of it)?

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote