Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #112 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
No they're all good albums but I confess I don't have much patience for anything FNM did post-Martin. Mule Variations is pretty good as well, probably his second best '90s album (behind Bone Machine). But Tom's 80s material is absolutely stellar: Heartattack and Vine, Swordfishtrombones, Rain Dogs, Frank's Wild Years (which is severely underrated, IMO). And well, I could never get into Blue Lines, it seems like such a sparse album compared to Mezzanine (and the monotone delivery is really off-putting at times).
I'd say you should give King For a Day another chance. As I said it's not as mind-bending as Angel Dust, but it's still a wonderful and eclectic album. Truthfully I could just as easily have stuck the latter in though. Regarding Tom Waits I have Rain Dogs, which was another near-miss for inclusion here. Bone Machine sounds really interesting from what I've read about it, and I'll definitely check out the others you mentioned sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Another 4 great albums there and I have seen quite a few on your list from my humble self- I'm honoured!
Yup, you've officially enriched my musical palette - kudos to ya sir
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote