Music Banter - View Single Post - Legalize Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Zealious
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedpath
since you seem to think bush's policies and **** are right then answer this:

1. why are gas prices sky rocketing after bush gets elected for a second term
2. why did he send poor people to Iraq to fight a war , even though they did nothing to us during (sep. 11)
3. ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS GET RICH BY MAKIN SECRET OIL DEALS (dont answer this)
Do you really think that Bush controls the prices of gas? The Arab company OPEC determines the gas prices,and they determine how many barrels they ship weekly. Bush has no control what so ever in this process. All he can do is hope to have friendly relations with the company. A main factor of the oil crisis is China's skyrocketing economy and demand for oil there. Oil is not abundant, and more demand equals higher prices.

2. Unlike the Vietnam war, there is no draft to force people into going into war. People enroll into the army, and they understand what they might face by doing it. In my opinion, I feel bush went into Iraq mostly for economic gains for this country. If you are familiar with World War I, you would know that Wilson eventually declared war in fear of losing trading partners and an unstable economy. Bush's action to go to war gives the government rights to spend money on army equipment, which will stimulate our economy. He and his economists understand that eventually the funds given to the American war businesses will trickle down to the lower class as seen in Reagan's plan.

I don't agree with many of Bush's policies, but I just get frustrated when people hate him merely because they don't know any better. I would be happy to see criticism, however; please please please at least justify it without "Oh I hate bush, he sucks"