Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for electric guitar advice
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

http://www.musicbanter.com/talk-inst...on-guitar.html

That should tell you enough to warn you away from Gibson (and fender to an extent)

THe primary difference in sound from hollow bodies to solid is that hollow bodies have a woolier lower end that isn't as defined. On the other hand, they generally have good clean tones and they have a nice percussive attack that suits some styles fantastically well.

From an 'all arounder' perspective, you'll want to go for a solid body. They're more ubiquitous and can generally do just about everything.

As for which guitar to go for, it sounds to me like Mr Dave may have more info for you than I do for now. Partially because right now I'm too tired to type up everything I know that might pertain to your choices, and partially because he works a lot more within your kind of style than I do. I can certainly add to his advice, but my approach to guitar has always been very shredding oriented.Partially because of my playing, partially because those instruments tend to be fantastically versatile overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote