Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands you missed seeing live
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #53 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBoxHero View Post
hopefully one of these days Modest Mouse or the Killers make it back to Washington.
I was in love with The Killers a few years ago. I was downloading everything I could find before the first album came out, bought the first album, played it to death, annoyed my friends constantly throughout this period by giving them my headphones every 5 minutes going "listen to this!". So imagine my delight when I went to see them live to promote their first record. I went home very underwhelmed.

Some people tell me they have matured as a live band since. I dont know whether this is true or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
There's more on the way though, might have to miss out on Dinosaur Jr. in April.
I watched Dinosaur Jr at a festival and their guitarist seriously blew my ****ing mind. My friend was nagging me for ages to go round the part of the site with the stalls and the shops and I basically told her to shut up for ages (i dont care how tired I am at 3 day festivals, im there to fill my day with bands) until I couldnt take it anymore and we wandered off towards the very end of their set. As we got futher away from the stage they got quieter and quieter until I couldnt hear them anymore...but that dude was clear as ****ing day man, you could hear him ripping it up nowhere where you were. I could hear him while we were looking at stupid hats and inflatable chairs. Unbelievable.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote