Music Banter - View Single Post - Legalize Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 07:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by .angie.
^ exactly, when the twin towers were being attacked, he just sat there. as if nothing even happened. who cares if the kids get freaked out, the president has duties and he need to be more responsible and take charge when bad things are happening to the united states.
Unfortunately, there is not much he could have done in that situation. He is afterall human, at least I am told, and I think he reacted like any human would in that situation. I personally think he acted appropriately. He needed a moment to digest the information and not immediately abandon the children in the middle of his visit. After all, he did indeed leave minutes later.
I'm assuming most of you saw that clip from Michael Moore's crapumentary. I have to agree w/ Zealious on his comment that it is fashionable to hate GWB, usually for the wrong reasons. Like Moore's film, I basically think both sides, and everyone in between, are participating in "extremists attacking extremists". Very few actually take the time to look at the issues for what they're worth. It's just been name-calling and taking sides.