Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for electric guitar advice
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I just buy Ibanez, but I don't play the same style as you, so I wouldn't recommend it.... Because honestly, apart from my acoustic, I couldn't imagine Blues anything coming out of an Ibanez.
My dad has a Mexican Strat. He's modded it a lot in the many years he's had it, but I do notice a sound to the Strat that lends itself more to Bluesy type stuff. The tone sounds at home in that area.

You might want to at least try out some Fender Strats in your local shop to see if you like the feel. Try them against any other guitars you have in mind. Let your ears and your hands do the deciding.

As far as pickups, you probably don't need actives, so just keep your sights in the passive department. (aka, no batteries in your pickups) Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing a Strat with active pickups anyway.
Seymore Duncan is usually pretty standard. If you get into EMG territory, you'll start paying.

Anyway, I hope I've helped a bit.
I'm not mainly an electric guitar player. Mostly acoustic. But I've thrown my dime in the pot so do with it what you will.

Good luck.
J.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote