Music Banter - View Single Post - AIR - Moon Safari
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
Well, I love Talkie Walkie and The Virgin Suicides soundtrack very much. IMO Premiers Symptomes just doesn't compare. What do you think of their remix albums like Everybody Hertz or AIRteries?
TW was a let down and sounded like a rehash. it's like 4ZZZ said, we've discussed the group quite a bit and it seems that most people who were already listening to the group when TW came out felt the same way. it's a matter of perspective.

as for the remixes. i remember liking the adrian sherwood remix of 'how does it make you feel' but that was it. the rest of 'everybody hertz' was crap, haven't heard airteries (it doesn't come up as an official release). i don't find their music lends itself well to being remixed. sure it's 'electronic' but it's created by musicians who play instruments rather than those who sit behind a laptop to create. instead of dj remixes they should be getting rock bands to cover their songs.

staying on topic here. i really think moon safari is the band's high watermark in terms of their initial style (new age psychedelic instrumentals). they've since moved onto a more minimal, ambient electro pop style that doesn't really do much for me or my friends who were digging on them back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote