Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #2765 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Seen three horribly redundant steamers in the last 24 hours.

i just watched most of Coogan's Bluff on TV, the writer must have been a real piece of work, what a crock of sh*t. I swear Clint Eastwood made a profession wearing the same 'barely-suppressed-rage' expression for 40 years; and Coogan was like a sexist, lame cowboy prototype for Dirty Harry. I hate life.

Also Predator 2: 80's ultra-violence CAN be enjoyably macabre, but everything about this is just poor, even Gary Busey and Bill Paxman. I haven't checked but I'm guessing it was a case of the original director wanting nothing to do with it and the studio making a buck with the property. Still, I hope they do a third one. Guess it would have to be in the desert this time. Or underwater...

Kindergarten Cop too, which was at least a laugh and a trip back to simpler times. I love the way in all the Arnie movie expositions they go to lengths to point out his character is from Austria but never explain how the hell he ended up being a cop in NY/LA. Exchange program? All in all a crappy evenings viewing which, to quote the governator, made me go 'gyaaaaaaaahhhhh'. Too far?

edit: while we're on crap films that ought to be getting made, I am gunning for a new Judge Dredd film. Or just more 2000 AD film franchises in general. Come on Hollywood, disappoint us!

edit to the edit: 'In December 2008, a new Judge Dredd film was given the green light. It will be produced by 2000AD, Rebellion and DNA Films with shooting beginning in 2009.'
Now I can sleep nights

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 03-11-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote