Music Banter - View Single Post - 75 Year Old Saudi Woman Sentenced To Lashes...
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

That article really made me feel like ****. Not the article itself, I hear about depressing stuff like this all of the time, but it just showed me how biased my World History class textbook was. I remember last year in 9th grade World History class, there was an entire chapter devoted to the middle east, with a large focus on the Muslim religion. The whole chapter implyed that the religion was not really bad at all and was largely misunderstood. What always angered me is how the chapter would go on and on telling me how ****ing alright the Muslim religion was then would talk about how the whole thing spread so rapidly through the Muslims conquering and spreading their religion like it was normal or something.

I never really 'brought' the whole thing, while the rest of my class did. I mean, I don't know much about the Islamic faith, but I don't remember the textbook paying any attention to **** like this.

As for getting rid of religion helping the world, I guess that might work, I really don't know. Taking it away may or may not help make things better. Whats going to stop people from being stupid? Sure, there wouldn't be religion, but the part that makes humans stupid enough to believe in this crap is still there.

Taking away religion is not taking away human nature, therefore something possibly even more rediculous is going to pop up. Which leads me to the conclusion that humanity is hopelessly doomed to stupidity and that we should either A) Kill every single human or B) Move to a super-isolated-land-of-stupidity-free-isolation-island-land and play beach vollyball and eat gummy bears until we all die. Well, its close to impossible to kill off our species because we are so god-damned stubborn and relentless. And even if we do, what the hell is going to stop an even more stupid human-like species from evolving from a pig or an ape or something and screwing everything up. So, I'm going to try to live my life to its fullest on super-fun-isolation-island, or I could at least pretend to. I could pretend all of the pavement is sand, and all of the people are fun island creatures.

Last edited by Kamikazi Kat; 03-11-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote