Music Banter - View Single Post - War From a Harlots Mouth
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
alliteration
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardonodude View Post
ive heard about these dudes before and I thought they were exactly how they sound haha. I love bands that have jazz interludes too but if you want to hear better jazz interlude parts check out Lye By Mistake (disclaimer probably the biggest ****ing ripoff of calculating infinity I have EVER HEARD) its still pretty good but unoriginal as ****.

Lye by Mistake(ONLINE MERCH AVAILABLE) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

check out Dream as I may
Ostrich Feathers and Apple Pie is much better.

I've had their cd for a few years, I like it quite a bit. I really don't think that it rips off DEP that bad. Obviously a lot of bands that play technical hardcore are going to share some similarities and get pigeonholed pretty bad, but I think that LIB is more of a Calculating Infinity cover band than LBM. LBM has a lot more avant-garde influences than DEP and it shows pretty clearly. I think they do a lot better job at meshing genres and styles of music than a lot of other bands do. I don't know, its been forever since I've listened to Calculating Infinity, so I could be talking out of my ass right now, but I pretty much haven't listened to DEP since I saw them live a few years ago and it ruined it for me.
alliteration is offline   Reply With Quote