Music Banter - View Single Post - War From a Harlots Mouth
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
bardonodude
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliteration View Post
Ostrich Feathers and Apple Pie is much better.

I've had their cd for a few years, I like it quite a bit. I really don't think that it rips off DEP that bad. Obviously a lot of bands that play technical hardcore are going to share some similarities and get pigeonholed pretty bad, but I think that LIB is more of a Calculating Infinity cover band than LBM. LBM has a lot more avant-garde influences than DEP and it shows pretty clearly. I think they do a lot better job at meshing genres and styles of music than a lot of other bands do. I don't know, its been forever since I've listened to Calculating Infinity, so I could be talking out of my ass right now, but I pretty much haven't listened to DEP since I saw them live a few years ago and it ruined it for me.
haha, i dont know letters in binary has their moments too but they have their slower parts and have a different guitar style. yea I had the opportunity to see dillinger 2 times within the past year, Im not really down for that. Haha what was it like seeing them a few years ago? Im sure it was at a really big place still. I saw a picture of them in like 98 when they were first a band, the lead guitarist (and only current member of the band) looked like he was no older than 14 and he still had amazingly fast fingers.
bardonodude is offline   Reply With Quote