Music Banter - View Single Post - GuitarBizarre debates virtuosity
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
You could say so, but the Young Punx have recently toured with Guthrie Govan as their Guitar man, and they are nothing if not an electronic act. There are also plenty of Ayu-Trance tracks with guitarwork in them of at the very least a reasonable performance standard. Adding virtuosity to such works is certainly possible, its just very rarely done.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Mazedude - Earthbound See Sixty Funk OC ReMix
via FoxyTunes
truesay, Infected Mushroom are a psytrance (dont know it we mean the same guys?) act that incorporate guitars really seamlessly, they obviously know what they're doing too, but I was really speaking broadly.

I wouldn't play down musical talent, I know someone who is one of those naturals, just seems to have the whole thing mapped out in his head, sees everything in diminished eighths or whatever but equally... Gang of Four changed his life! I've got the before/after audio evidence, just because you can doesn't follow that you should. Yet again it all just comes down to subjective taste. Personally my favourite artists inhabit that middle ground, they know enough theory to be able to subvert expectations but don't ... show off (<<a very British sentiment if you'll ever hear one)
I'm convinced all the truly genius composers would have made good mathematicians too.

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote