Music Banter - View Single Post - Peeping Tom- Peeping Tom
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i'm a huge patton fan and the only tracks i really liked from this album were the first and last ones. i'm an even bigger amon tobin fan and felt hugely disappointed by 'don't even trip'. some of my friends liked this album a lot more than i did but i would never put it on before anything by any of his other bands.

i remember reading that this was patton's attempt at making an actual pop album, i guess he wanted to show timbaland how it was done or something.

i also don't find his lyrics that weird, they're generally about failed relationships in the broader sense of the word (not bf/gf drama).
Yes you are correct about it being Patton's attempt at a pop album, the quote says, ""I don't listen to the radio, but if I did, this is what I'd want it to sound like, This is my version of pop music. In a way, this is an exercise for me: taking all these things I've learned over the years and putting them into a pop format."

I've read some professional reviews and have been a little surprised by the extreme differences in some. I guess for some people it's an album you either really like or you really don't.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote