Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #70 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have just checked out 'Cut'. I thought that the vocals and guitars dominate the sound so you cannot hear the drum tracks hardly at all, but maybe there is compression on the track? I disliked the harmonic vocals but then the riffs changed up a gear and I love those. They have a disorientating feel that should have been used more.
Ok Mr. Jack Hammer :-) so my goal is to try to find an MRI track that you like before the end of 2009 Ha Ha. After cogitating about it a lot; I think maybe switching gears completely may help. Do you like bands like The Police and Sublime? I mean; do you like reggae influenced/ slow ska influenced songs? A song not on the album, but is up on their new myspace ( myspace.com/MRIspace ) called "Diary Of A Mad Cow" might interest you. The drumming has heavy Stuart Copeland influence and guitars sound like Andy Summers. Lots of "air and space" in the mix. Intriguing subject matter as well. I am curious what you may think when you have time to give it a listen. It has a "Rastafari" vibe in the verses and the chorus is very unique almost a Latin Smashing Pumpkins feel w/ drums and unique vocals...overall it reminds me of The Police circa their "Wrapped Around Your Finger" days -- very Sting-esq basslines toward the end too. I can also hear "Pawnshop" by Sublime in the influence.

-NN

Last edited by ninaNirvana; 03-13-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling & grammar Ha Ha :-)