Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #2781 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacake View Post
Films I have seen recently;

Manhunter - 8/10
I thought this was a great film and a pretty good introduction for the character of Lecter in to films. Cox's Lecter doesn't have as much presence, charm or charisma as Hopkins' Lecter does, but I still thought his performance was good and William Peterson was awesome as Will Graham.

Heat - 10/10
Can't believe this wasn't nominated for anything at the Academy Awards that year. I haven't seen it in years and bought the two-disc special edition the other day for only €8.99. Epic crime story, which is probably my favourite film genre's, and IMO this really is up there with the best of them. Enjoyed this much more than films like Goodfellas and The Untouchables and Pacino's Vincent Hanna character was pretty cool and a little over the top. I strongly recommend this for fans of crime movies who haven't yet seen this.

The Silence of the Lambs - 10/10
Absolute classic. Hopkins as Lecter is chilling and I think it was a very good decision to only have Lecter on-screen for a short amount of time. Any longer and the impact of his performance may not have been as good. Sure, it's always fun to see more of an interesting character like that, but I think it's what you don't see of Lecter in this film that makes you remember him almost as much as what you do see of him. As amazing as this is, I'd still like to have seen what Michael Mann (director of Manhunter) would have done with this.
Manhunter is asthetically dated but it's still an immense psychological thriller. I much prefer it to Silence Of The Lambs.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote