Music Banter - View Single Post - Dubstep
Thread: Dubstep
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #157 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
whew, I can't believe I just read through that whole thing. Managed to snag a few albums (Skream is pretty good) from the interwebs and some of it picqued my interest. I won't lie though, I'm more stimulated by trip-hop oriented stuff. Aside from what's already been listed (Massive Attack, Burial, Lulu Rouge), are there any other crossover albums that might be of interest to me?

Kinda mad, I live on the other side of the Atlantic and our club scene is awful. I mean it's great if you're looking for easy hookups & whatnot...but the music is terrible.
Yeah I think in America you've got to be in the catchment area for the big cities - New York, Chicago etc, I know Toronto has some good dubstep nights Ah no here we go Dubstep, Grime, and UK Garage in the United States and Canada, SoulChampion

albums of interest: first stop should be the Kode9 & the Spaceape album Memories of the Future, everyone rates that.
Two other dubstep albums (there aren't actually very many of these, dubstep 12'' and compilations are thriving, but I'm gonna stick a few mixes up in the near future):
The Bug - London Zoo
Despite having some great tracks we built it up too much, so JH and I were disappointed with this. However it has alot of big Jamaican dancehall names in it, worth reading some reviews and seeing if it sounds like a good bet to you.
Pinch - Underwater Dancehall
Worth a gander, there are still vocals but not so many and it's a cerebral one to be sure.

You should be able to find them but any trouble just holla.

edit: make sure you have headphones or decent bass capabilities, it's all in the sub.
edit 2: also that Skream album has some bangers but i still think it's flawed. It's worth it just for Midnight Request Line though, first choon i heard

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 03-14-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote