Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #1204 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
*raises hand*

When I did acid for the first time, a little over 10 years ago, it undoubtedly changed my perception of things. Permanently.
After doing acid, when the only thing I'd done prior to that was weed, it was a life changing event that showed me there's a life behind the one we're accustomed to living. It most certainly opened a door of perception that I looked through quite often after my first time.

Like you say, it's not so much the drug itself that changes you. It's what you do with it. It's how you use it and where you let it take you.
Eventually, I had to stop doing psychedelics.
You can only ride that boat so far before you've seen enough of that deep ocean to last a lifetime. I got to a point where if I didn't turn around and come back home, I'd end up stranded in the middle of nowhere forever.

There's a cutoff point where you stop learning from drugs. You stop flying and you begin sinking.
I'm just glad I found that point.

I'd never touch the stuff now days.
I stick to my weed and my beer.
I completely agree with you. Its exciting and new at first just like anything else. And once you have taken away form it what you were looking for then its always a good time to slow down. Although at this point in my life I do it just to relax and chill out occasionally, not to find some inner hidden meaning.

Yet there are plenty of people who continue do do it on a regular basis and do just fine. But hey everyone's different.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote