Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

well you know I see your point but my parents, I thought always had too much empathy, i was emotionally smothered and i'm way over-sensitive and undisciplined myself. I've made it sound really bad, my dad wasn't slap-happy, and you're right there are probably ways around it (although i'd be reluctant to cite Supernanny, that show always seemed very heavily edited and questionable to me, you just know chaos resumed the second the 10-man film crew left)...
but you know back in the 80's if you did a survey of all the young parents and how they disciplined their kids how many of them would have had the time to spend 5 hours dragging their kids back to the naughty corner to co-erce them into behaving? Especially with a working mum? It's still force and it's still very physical.
It's all bollocks really. If I ever have kids (lololol) I would never hit them, but who knows the traumas that parenthood will bring? What if the little brats start complaining about me playing grime in the car? SMACK *jk*

To be honest none of us know sh*t, where's jackhammer and RT at?

edit: responding to marijan again

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote