Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Threads like this will always generate responses by people whose number 1 priority is to try and provoke rather than post an actual argument. Just ignore them.
No need to ignore anything I say, I just feel physical punishment is a efficent form of discipline. I know it sure as hell worked on me as a kid. Nothing changes a persons attitude faster than a physical threat. It's a fact, even as adult's there are certain things you won't do/say if you know physical harm could come of it. If you take this away, we are left with a world full of people who prance about doing and saying whatever they like and breaking all the rules.

Also, physical punishment is just as effective and does much less physcological damage than emotional punishment (confinement, verbal abuse, etc.) Not only has being beat down by my grandfather when I do something stupid made me a better person and taught me my lesson. He also saved me alot of money on therapy because he didn't lock me in a room, or tell me I was worthless. So I welcome physical discipline on children, yes, but just because you don't doesn't make me right or you wrong. It just proves we are different.

Hope this gives you a better understanding of where I am coming from.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote