Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's interesting to me that you seem to think the alternative to physical punishment is emotional abuse.
Well regardless of the degree, most alternatives are some form of emotional punishment. i.e. telling someone they are stupid for doing that, or that they aren't allowed to see anyone or leave the house for two weeks. These are emotionally damaging things that I believe could carry into a persons adult life and have a negative impact on them in more ways than any physical punishment.

Now don't take me wrong here, im not saying I advocate any sort or abuse or battery on a child. But a good spanking or smack to the cheek seems acceptable to me.

Posted by Lucifer Sam:
Seriously. The only time that physical discipline crosses the line is when parents become abusive and use their children as a way to vent their rage. Mine never did that, they only got pissed enough to hit me when I really did something bad.

Yes I completely agree. So long as they are doing in a acceptable manner and attempting to yield positive results.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote